Friday, April 8, 2011

Is Feeling So BLEU

Ok...so my life has been a series of bad news days...weeks...months...and yes years. My artistry and presentations have been what keeps me holding on and moving forward during these many horrific situations, crisis moments, nervous breakdowns, anger streaks, isolated depressions, anxiety attacks, and drama queen sessions. I pat myself on the back (silently) for even having the nerve to create through all of the inexplainable things that occur to me and around me.




Life is hard, has always been rough, and seems to throw more and more intricate and exciting curveballs my way. But during all of these things (content slated for future blog entries), God and my ancestors continues to  bless me and surround me with family, extended family, and friends who support and encourage my process and work as an artist. Both my therapeutic process, and way of life.


I know alot of my work may go from pretty to painful, colorful to very very dark. Surreal to abstract, flat to 3D, comprehendable to all over the place, but damnit, it has been born and has grown even beyond my wildest dreams.










The most recent and most pleasant surprise to me has been being featured in Bleu Magazines' Spring 2011 Edition. It is out in Newstands and Barnes & Nobles stores now. It features a brief bio about me and my work, and it also invites folks to come to my blog, which is very new, and still being developed (so please don't insult my lack of preparedness...lol)

I want to give a shout out to Trevoy Ross and the entire staff at Bleu Magazine for inviting me to be a part of this issue, and for the beautiful way in which my artwork and name is represented. It is a very big gift to me. I would also like to thank Janet Gonzalez for her beautiful contribution and our wonderful work together. I'm looking forward to more photoshoots with you so get ready! Love you!
-Charly...



P.S. Good news does make a difference! Today i'm feeling a different kind of BLEU!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOD has given me a precious gift and I plan on using it to help others (like yourself) find their inner beauty and strength. Thank you Charly for letting me be part of your life! You have my full support!